Fun Page Contents
- Word Search – “Your Newly Elected CT Officials” – Joel Wald
- Cathy De Carli – “The Scream” – Photo
- Double Puzzle – “Dem Presidents” – Joel Wald
- David’s Definitions – David Levinson
- Crossword Puzzle – Southbury DTC and Beyond – Joel Wald
Posted November 30, 2018
Posted October 22, 2018
Cathy De Carli – “The Scream”
Posted October 16, 2018
(Click on puzzle for solution)
Posted October 14, 2018
From the Devil’s Dictionary of Modern Political Terms © David Levinson
- Astroturfing. The “fake news” of grassroots organizing. Supposed grassroots organizations that actually are funded by major corporations and/or their executives, such as Freedom Works or the Tea Party Movement.
- Facts, alternative. Synonym, evidently coined by White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, as an alternative to “lies.”
- Panera strategy. An initiative primarily by the Democratic Party to attract more college-educated suburban and exurban women voters, previously identified as the “soccer moms” who voted for Barack Obama and may now be repelled by Donald Trump.
- Paleo conservatism. The belief voiced most recently and loudly by Patrick Buchanan that inequality between different races and ethnic groups is the natural order.
- Tyranaphobia. Aversion to a dictator. A driving force behind the American constitutional model with divided government providing checks and balances.
Posted October 11, 2018