- Republican and Democratic Primaries.
- Only registered Republicans and Democrats can vote in this Primary. In Connecticut, a voter must be a member of a political party in order to vote in that party’s primary. Meaning, a registered Democrat can only vote in the Democratic primary and a registered Republican can only vote in the Republican Primary. An unaffiliated voter (term used to refer to voters who are not registered with any political party) needs to join a Democratic or Republican party in order to vote in their Primaries.
- Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2018
- Primary hours: 6AM – 8PM
- Voters will vote at their assigned district polling sites. Click here to find your voting district and a polling location.
Voter Registration Deadlines:
- May 14, 2018: Deadline to CHANGE PARTY AFFILIATION.
The last date to change from one party to another to vote in the Primary.
- August 9, 2018: Deadline to Register/Join Party BY MAIL and ONLINE.
The last date for unaffiliated voters to join a party to vote in the Primary and new electors to register to vote by mail or online. Hand delivered registrations must be received by the registrars by this date and mailed registrations must be postmarked by this date. To register online, go to Connecticut Online Voters Registration.
- August 13, 2018 NOON: Deadline to Register/Join Party IN PERSON.
Enrollment and registration cut-off for unaffiliated voters to join a party to vote in the Primary and new electors to register to vote.
- Election Day Voter Registration is not available for Primaries.
- Click to view sample ballot for Democratic Party Primary.
- Click to view sample ballot for Republican Party Primary.
- Absentee Ballots
Absentee Ballots are available for the Primaries at Southbury Town Clerk’s Office. Click to view Absentee Ballots Information.
- Permanent Absentee Ballots
Any elector who is permanently physically disabled can receive an absentee ballot for referendum without reapplying. Click to find out the details.
- Southbury Registrar of Voters Office is open Monday-Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm, Friday 8:00am – 1:00pm.
- Southbury Senior Services offers transportation for Southbury residents age 60+ and those with disabilities. If you need a ride to the polling place, please call 203-262-0652 to reserve the ride. Reservations must be made no later than 10:00 AM on Friday, August 10.
- Voters must provide identification to vote at the polling place. Acceptable forms of identification include: a driver’s license or other photo ID; U.S Passport; a pre-printed form of ID, like a tax bill or utility bill, pay stub or bank statement; Social Security card or other government document that shows your name and address; a document that shows your name and signature (i.e. a credit card).
Announce coming events
Having a big sale, on-site celebrity, or other event? Be sure to announce it so everybody knows and gets excited about it.
Display real testimonials
Are your customers raving about you on social media? Share their great stories to help turn potential customers into loyal ones.
Promote current deals
Running a holiday sale or weekly special? Definitely promote it here to get customers excited about getting a sweet deal.
Share the big news
Have you opened a new location, redesigned your shop, or added a new product or service? Don’t keep it to yourself, let folks know.
Display their FAQs
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.